A lot of us these days upgrades our phones every year or 2. Upgrades our tablets, laptops, TV's cars etc but we never consider upgrading our homes.
Many older houses still only have 1 single or 1 double socket per bedroom. Too few sockets in kitchens and lounges. I see far too often people using an extension lead plugged in to an extension lead simple because of a lack of sockets. This has a chance of overloading your socket causing it to burn out. A relatively easy fix, but is a potential fire worth it?